Advance Africa is a member of the Aquaculture association of South Africa (AASA).
AASA was established in the late 1980′s in order to represent the interest of the then fledgling aquaculture industry in Southern Africa.
The Association has since developed into a structure with representation from the various sectors contributing towards the aquaculture industry of the region, including marine species such as oysters, mussels, abalone and prawns; freshwater species such as trout, catfish, tilapia, ornamental fishes; as well as service providers such as feed companies, equipment suppliers and veterinary services.
The objectives of the Association is to contribute towards the development of aquaculture in Southern Africa through effective representation and dissemination of information.
The Association undertakes to provide the following services to its members:
• Effective representation of interests on provincial, national and international forums.
• The organisation of a biannual Conference with international representation.
• A bi-monthly newsletter service with quality content and opportunities to contribute.
• The development and maintenance of a website structure and associated services.
• To facilitate the flow of information between its members and associated interest groups.