Fred is a founding member of Advance Africa and is currently the Managing Member. He has in excess of 20 years’ experience in project and business development. He brings widespread large-scale project management experience to the Group.
Fred also has 17 years of management experience with listed corporates in construction, mining, facilities management, property development and agriculture.
Other noteable achievements and qualities include:
- Solid experience in managing large scale construction and development projects in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the West Indian Ocean Region.
- Twelve years of development experience in the industries and sectors of Agriculture, Aquaculture, Fisheries and the Environmental Sciences.
- Previously held position of development, commercial and general management in listed corporates.
- Represented numerous agricultural (and aquaculture) companies on board level in Southern Africa, including positions of MD and Chairman.
- Was invited as a panellist to Harvard University Business School for the Africa Business Conference in 2009.
- Comprehensive experience in developing greenfields investments from conceptualisation, through to investment approval, implementation and operationalization.
- Passion for agriculture, aquaculture and fisheries in Africa.
- Expertise in sustainable development in Africa.